Thursday, February 19, 2015

Randoms

No news on the car front; I may call tomorrow and poke around...there is on the one hand the sense that this is a royal pain...on the other hand, no one is in a mood for the payment (ahem). 

I watched two shorts yesterday on the NFR list -- "Cologne:  From the Diary of Ray and Esther" and "Manhatta."  The first was a visual telling of life in a small farm in Minnesota; sort of quaint, actually, shot with home movie cameras and with silent-style cards to tell a story.  The second was a view of daily life in Manhattan...in 1921, set to quotes from a Whitman poem.  Interesting.  Today I watched "The Band Wagon," a Fred Astaire piece from the 50s.  I sort of like his films; light and funny, and if they are musicals (like Glee, I read through some of them), they are at least interesting and clever.  One can always do worse.

I worked from home today, and I spent most of the day trying to manipulate the numbers to get them just so.  I couldn't tell if I was going to kill myself or if I should applaud myself for my commitment to exactitude...in the end, I decided that one way or the other, commitment was the word.

I see Swisher may be back in March...I guess I would be pleased if it were so, as his contract is a sunk cost, but I'd to think that a rotation of DHs would provide twice the production for less cost.  I was sad to see Giambi go; not for his waste of a roster spot, but that people generally seemed to want him around...in the meantime, I suspect that Francona may engage in some Yostian wish for 8 (or more!) relievers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home