Monday, March 16, 2015

Excelsior, I hope

After my week of craptasticness, I decided not to blog...so here we are, a new week, and things have looked better.  For one thing...I got the new truck today.  It is quite big; so much so that I have to figure out how to get it in the garage (or, where to move all my crap in there).  But I do like it, even if I cannot see in front of me (it is high up) and I have barley cracked the speed limit.

One reason I am being cautious is because I was rear-ended last week (in Mom's car); I was not hurt, the other person was not hurt (but I was in Mom's car), and her car only had some minor bumper damage, but I was...concerned.  There has been a steady load of lawyer and chiropractor inquiries, which has not exactly improved my opinion of them...  But, overall, it was some additional stress.

I was able to get a sweet deal on the car loan (some savings) and more importantly, may be able to refinance the mortgage (I joined a credit union) which would tamp down the payment and this enhance my flexibility.  I was a little surprised by the speed of things, but my FICO is pretty high (higher than I thought) and well, they want the business.  It has been a bit dizzying, adding payments, re-financing, lowering them, etc.  I think I will be ok; the gym thing is a concern, but that will end...that said, for the next few months my social activities will be curtailed, but I do not think that that is a bad thing.  At the very least, I can hit the gym more.

I also started my housecleaning; I did the kitchen floor and the living room over the weekend, and moved on to my bedroom today.  I decided to box and attic some schlotzkies I've been putting up over the years, and consolidated stuff into one shelf.  The desk looks quite bare, though I prefer modernist or adult.  I have a small pile of papers to go through, and while I am not exactly de-cluttering, there are some things in the closet I want to get rid of, and in general...make things a bit less cluttery. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home