Thursday, March 05, 2015

Randoms

You know, I hate to admit it, but a year without Downton seems...well, one of these days, I am going to have a problem coping.

This could be the last cold snap of the year...of course, I will believe it when I see it, or feel it, as the case may be, but...

I am not sure how and why, but the latest Powell book seems to be going quite quickly; I am almost 2/3 of the way through it, and I think it is mainly because I like seeing the characters come in and out of their lives...he does it in an artful way, I must admit.

Spring Training is upon us -- games, already! -- and it hardly seems it.  Like the weather, I have guarded optimism about the Tribe; the Tigers are a little weaker but the White Sox and Royals are stronger, and I do not see the Tribe and their additions really making that big of a splash.  Alas, alack.

One thing I've noticed while going through the NFR list is how many of them involve making plays or making movies; I mean, I understand the concept of writing what you know, but...on the other hand, there is a lot of drama inherent in production; getting the show done, the actors and actresses not killing each other, will people watch...and the fact that everyone in Hollywood is on the same page, at least...I can see how someone would find it easier to put together a good film just by combining them...I would argue that, among feature films, there are more films about movies and theater than there are war stories...which says a lot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home