Saturday, November 14, 2015

Catching up

OC duty today...I spent most of the day in the Clothing Room -- I do not find it quite the dungeon as does everyone else -- but the crowd was described as steady.  It was in the clothing room, too -- we emptied 16 bags of clothes, and honestly, I think we gave away just as much -- though quite honestly, you couldn't tell.  I do miss the crowd and the rush in the main room...the only drawback is that, quite frankly, many of our clients, reek...and in the clothing room, you really cannot avoid...so a hot shower, lots of soap, and a laundry dump are in order.


http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2015-11-12/-ban-smoking-means-evict-defiant-smokers-

This is part of the reason why -- our clients really smoke -- which is why I just wonder how on earth this is to be achieved...I mean, there isn't any "affordable housing" for them, and I hardly doubt that the Hope and Changers will throw people out (though they could)...and where would you put them?  Reservations?  Cancer concentration camps?

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/11/get-over-it-ted-cruz-is-a-real-threat-for-the-nomination-213351
http://gawker.com/watch-bob-dole-giggle-over-how-much-he-hates-ted-cruz-1742182248

I think number one is sort of correct; to be sure, being the face of the government shutdown was a big error, but Ted Cruz has avoided them the rest of the way and has been, well, pretty solid.  Being that he is a Texan, a conservative, Tea Partier...well, I think he is at any advantage going forward.

A friend of mine sent me link two, and -- as I told him -- I think headlines like that help Cruz more than hurt.  Bob Dole is old, a political loser (for want of a better term), and, more importantly, exactly the person Cruz is crusading against -- long-term political insider (he lives IN the Watergate, of all places) who was believed -- fairly or not -- too ready to cut a deal and sacrifice core ideas for, well, not sure what.  Again, all of this is a little unfair, but...the GOP establishment has had its way and lost two elections, with the result being...people are willing to look at the alternative.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home