Friday, January 20, 2017

Expulsion

I have to say it:  I didn't exactly love the speech, but I liked it; the man is not an orator like BHO is, of course, but I suspect for a lot of people that's WHY they love him; I mean, when the rhetoric is glittering and the promises are high and the reality is craptastic, you look for the alternative.  As for the contents...well, a certain number of GOPers will appreciate shitting on Washington, and if Trump can achieve some of what he suggested...well, he will be a success.

I woke up this AM, had a coughing -- a deep one -- and it felt like I had pulled my pectoral muscle off the bone; I spent most of the rest of the morning trying NOT to cough...I had to take Mom to the eye doctor for some laser surgery, and she of course was suggesting bronchitis, a trip to the emergency room, etc...I was like, not.  Anyways, right after lunch (the new Mission BBQ in Parma; pretty decent, not quite sure you get full value, if you get my drift), I had to cough and released a pound of phlegm or worse...it was impressively disgusting.  But it did break the seal; I felt better immediately, lifted some heavier weights at the gym, and now...it hurts to cough, not terribly.  I am cold and have sniffles, but I feel...pretty good.  Interesting.

Finished the last book I was reading about WWI battle tactics and have moved on to A Voyage Long and Strange, by Tony Horwitz -- a look at the "hidden" history of European exploration of the Americas.  I say "hidden" because while he didn't know any of the expeditions, say, of the Spanish or others, I certainly did...of course, the man is a journalist, and that is explanation enough...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home