Thursday, January 19, 2017

The Last Hours

Being sick is no fun, especially as I am in the here phase of the thing...I will be off to bed soon, which helps, as did the healthier eating I did for dinner...or perhaps the Victory Christian Chick-Fil-A for lunch...

There was an article on deadspin about Posada passed off the HOF ballot; I think they're right... he is not quite an HOFer, but he was a good player for a bunch of years and was an important part of their dynasty.  Not a HOFer but somehow he deserved better; of course, so did Kenny Lofton.

http://www.politico.eu/article/britains-singapore-threat-philip-hammond-may-brexit/

This could be me, but wouldn't the UK be in a much better position if they started doing this now?  I am a little skeptical that everyone is going to pull out shop from the UK once they do leave, but if they are, and lo and behold, someone has this new plan to save you money...well, I think they might just stay.  Sort of like Trump and these companies deciding to put jobs in the US; maybe it was planned, and maybe it wasn't, but it might be just be worth it for a multinational/US firm to do it now rather than face trouble later.  Germany wouldn't care, but I can easily see more European countries leaving, and some of them might decide to join the UK axis...as should the US.

My own feeling on the Cabinet is that DeVos and Tillerson are not making it...DeVos was more than a little shaky, and of course, being on the outside, she might be more useful than on the inside.  Tillerson was a bit shaky, and I can see enough people who aren't impressed deciding that this is the time to show their independence...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home