Sunday, August 04, 2019

Recovery

Yet another long hiatus, but...well, I have been busy -- work, hit two Tribe games -- Wednesday and Friday -- and the usual affairs of life.  Thankfully, things, should be a little less busy going forward...  so I can write more.

And, of course, I have been in mourning over the departure of my soul mate.  :)  Ok, I am a little sad about the move, but... well, as I told my coworkers, Trevor Bauer was the pitching equivalent of Bryce Harper -- one good year and the rest was meh.  Now, I think Bauer is pretty good -- good stuff, goes deep into games, etc. -- but I can also see why the moved him.  And, the return was...pretty good!  I mean, Puig is a rental,  but Reyes can hit (and will be here a while), and the prospects.. well, you know never know,  but at least they can be useful, which is.. ok enough?

That said... this could be me, but Puig is...well, for all the talk of Bauer, he only gets into twitter fights, while Puig takes on whole teams.  I don't doubt that Trevor is a head case, but Puig...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bobcook/2019/07/31/in-one-state-the-public-private-high-school-sports-schism-grows-a-little-deeper/#6e8cadb06bf4
I think this is the way to go, honestly, simply because it puts schools on an equal footing, like it or not...

I got a kick out of this; I mean, yes, this is reprehensible, but... like mentioned earlier in the article, lots of guys have had that happen to them, and... let's just say that as a feminist, I believe that women want to be treated equally, so....


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home