Monday, September 23, 2019

Catching Up

As always, it has been another busy week -- and weekend - and as such I have not been blogging... oi.  Events of the week include:

-- The Little Brown Jug - as always, the cousins and I went back to Delaware.  It was fun... I mean, I lost $20, spent another $40 on food and such, and got some sun... but it is always a good time, seeing some race horses and the whatnot.  And, I had the annual deep-fried Twinkie!

-- Watched two movies:  "On The Town." which is the 707th film I have seen on the MFL list... it was a musical, so let's leave it at that.  The other was "On Her Majesty's Secret Service," the George Lazenby James Bond film... and it was, well, good not great? I mean, it was just.. a bit clunky?  Hard to explain.  I don't think the action scenes were all that bad -- they were pretty good, and the plot wasn't too out of line (with the franchise), but... something seemed off?  Not sure.

Today I went out and saw "Downton Abbey" and it was...well, wonderful.  I mean, of course.  :)  I don't think we will see another, and that is fine... about the only thing I would have liked to see more of is Tom Barrow as the butler; it seemed like they invented a story twist so they could have him in the movie without having anything else...

https://theresurgent.com/2019/09/12/free-market-wokeness/
I always say the way around this is to go and create your own markets!  I mean, really, if conservatives and Christians really wanted to make a point, they need to not only reject the culture that hates them but form new businesses that make money and spread/carry out their values.  I know it would be hard in some ways, ok most, but...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home