Monday, August 12, 2019

Woken

I am feeling sleepy...I would say not sure why, but... well, that's not true, given my sleep habits and a lack of caffeine.  Alas.  I also had an intense leg day workout, which didn't help, and the BoSox slow play theory nof baseball does not exactly make it fun again, to paraphrase Bryce Harper.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/08/11/meet-the-conspiracy-theorizing-twin-dj-duo-that-loves-trump-227497
 I don't know, between the story on politico about people being pissed by the President's language and now this... The idea that there are literally, well, more than one, Trump and EDM enthusiasts out there... well, maybe they can play for Trevor Bauer.  :)  No, I am not a huge fan of Eurotrash music, but I have come around to it, so....

Summer has flown by.  I mean, we say it every year, but...it doesn't get any less true, does it?  

There was an article on SB nation a couple of days ago that questioned whether or not Plesac could keep up his pitching.  Now, the Boston offense isn't the best subject, but I think it is exactly right.  Not saying he cannot develop into something more -- I think that is the case -- but right now, at least, he is the 5th starter.  He sort of reminds me of Paul Byrd; nothing really special, but threw a lot of pitches, and could sort of get guys by semi-fooling them.  There are worse careers.

I thought it was an interesting choice in the 7th; bunting Perez is the right choice, sort of, since he is hitting like crap, especially lately. On the other hand, Kipnis has been better but not good, and he is facing a lefty.  The other thing is, of course, is that one run might not be enough against the Red Sox..   In the meantime, Tyler Naquin's defensive awesomeness continues, which is funny; I never tended to think of him as such, as he was clearly stretched in CF, to put it mildly...  but in the corner he is more than adequate, and while I think his arm is a little weak, it is good enough.  For now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home