Wednesday, August 07, 2019

Stuff

So, it's late, but I am off tomorrow, and I am sort of restless, so...here we blog.  Funny, as I was sort of productive; in addition to the usual crap of life, I did all the dishes, and then went and made semi-healthy turkey meatballs, which roughly negated the effect of the doing the dishes.  Caught up on some reading and social justice...

Interesting Tribe strategery today...funny, I had joked at work about them manipulating the rotation to get Clevinger to start against the Twins, and lo and behold... ok, this could be me, but... no one in Columbus could start and be put on the 40-man?  Really?  Oi.  I mean, the 'pen was used long, if not hard today, and unless someone has a Houston-style to stifle the bats....  at least they didn't blow this four-run lead, though Yasiel cost them a run...

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2019/08/trump-supporters-called-racists/595333/
My own sense is that this is largely correct; true, lots of racists are Trump supporters, but the reverse is not true, and it pisses people off... I always get a kick out of virtue-shaming the libtards at work (there are a lot of them, so it's not like it grows old), but my approach isn't for everyone.  Hence, the bitter clinging.

https://harpers.org/archive/2016/04/legalize-it-all/
This actually made a lot of sense to me, in that it talked about both the opportunities and the opportunity costs, if you will, of legalizing drugs, or at least pot...

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2019-07-30/u-s-economy-personal-bad-behavior-isn-t-what-causes-poverty?utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&utm_term=190802&utm_campaign=sharetheview
Yes, no?  I mean, to some extent... I agree, but I also think the problem is that 1) People can take agency for their actions and 2) A lot of the basic costs of life, if you will, are just so high... taxes, health care...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home