Sunday, August 25, 2019

Interest

Well...that was kind of almost sort of exciting, coming from 4 runs down...and then not winning. Honestly, they've dropped two games like that this week -- one against the Mets, and this one -- and that is a problem; I mean, it's going to be hard enough to catch the Twins as it is (I don't think they can) but blowing games like those simply isn't going to cut it.

In the meantime, my blogging inactvity has been caused by the usual things, and...well, I will try to do better, as always.  Shit just gets to you sometimes, and I will admit the impending end of summer doesn't help...time does fly even faster nowadays...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-allies-target-journalists-over-coverage-deemed-hostile-to-white-house/ar-AAGjq3C?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=mailsignout
I find this to be...awesome?  Humorous?  I mean, I think they are correct in pointing out that if the left can do it, so can the right... but it won't be seen egregiously by them, as they will protect their own, like it or not.

https://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher/evangelicals-trump-shield-2020/
Two things I tend to notice:  One, people always question why evangelicals support Donald Trump, and two, articles explaining why...  I guess this is me, but I don't really see quite the issue; evangelicals are a voting bloc like any other, and they will support those candidates who promote and enact their issues, even minimally so.  I've seen a bunch of things noting that African-Americans really don't profit all that much from their lockstep support of Democratic candidates, and they still vote against GOP candidates, so I guess I am puzzled to see this industry of queries about a candidate who actually delivers to a voting bloc and is rewarded by their support...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home