Friday, August 16, 2019

Linx

That was...impressive yesterday?  Putting 19 on the Yankee bullpen?  It was amusing...my college roomie is a BoSox fan, and he came away from the Tribe series with them that the Tribe was the better team due to their starting pitching; you can't rely in Sale and the bullpen is...less so?  Of course, I felt the opposite; the Tribe can only beat shitty pitching and lefties flummox them.  Perspective, I guess...


Ok, the Mets I get, but... the Tribe deal? I am not sure all that many people -- especially those of the I am sick of Trevor Bauer school -- did.  I think around here was that talent-wise, we got back an OF now and one for the future (well, a DH); the prospect haul might pan out, but... it was  a risk to take, given all the intangibles.

This is prett neat, of course!

I think one thing the author misses out on is that...well, not that I am begrudging the players anything, but I seem to recall a sense that it was... stretching it, if you will, to put the players on the same level as say, the Teamster or the UFCW.  Let's face it, ballplayers live much more comfortably, to put it mildly

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home