Thursday, October 17, 2019

Catching up

My promises of more frequent blogging are beginning to be just.. those.  Oi, alas.  I have been busy -- and to top it a friend had a minor meltdown yesterday which I had to solve, as best as I could (which amuses the hell out of me).

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/10/beto-orourkes-pluralism-failure/599953/
I don't know... this could be me, but wouldn't the smart thing for Trump/any GOPer to do is to call the Dems out on this?  I mean there is the obvious on -- opined on various GOP sites -- of asking if this means "Mosques," which is sort of dog-whistley, but, more to the point... ask them?  Run ads?  No one said no or disagreed with it when it was said -- certainly not the audience -- and this to me is a commercial in waiting if I ever saw one...

https://deadspin.com/what-art-briles-brought-to-the-town-that-never-asked-fo-1838408237
My favorite part of the story is the end where the person says that Brles should have run a squeaky clean program and all would be ok.  This amused the hell out of me, mainly because he's never done it before, so why would he do it now, when the stakes are for...less?  I guess this is one of those what did they expect sorts of things...

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/10/8/20903433/pence-trump-impeachment-conservatives
I think the part about the fight holds a lot more truth... I am not sure most mainstream conservatives approve, of course, but to the rank and file GOPer... well, this is new, and different, and...good?

I also watched one of the newer additions to the NFR, "The Navigator," a Buster Keaton piece from the 1926 era... it was funny, and I like these things, but I am not really we are doing much by adding films like this except to preserve them....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home