Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Three Things

Jesus.  Didn't realize it was nine days since I have blogged!  Lots of amusing shit going on, in any order...

1)  The Astros.  As I told the boys at work, much like Louisville basketball, or, say, the President, it's not a good idea to have a new scandal when the old one is still ripe and stinky.  I did joke that I would for MLB to come in, like the NCAA, and strip the championship banner off the wall and stuff like that, but that's not happening. As to the actual punishment..  what can they do?  Suspend people? Take draft picks?  Bonus pool money?

2)  Impeachment.  Good Lord... what the hell is POTUS thinking?  I don't know...I realize the man is not one to listen to consul, or counsel, but... I would like to think that at some point, someone told President Awesome (prolly not in those terms) "don't do this, ever" and of course he just went and did it.  I wouldn't say that I don't think the man can't get out of it, but...  as I like to say, the primary duty of a politician is to be re-elected, and that means winning a primary.... and in the GOP...

3) The Tribe/Lindor trade.  I think it would be easier to trade him now, but I suspect it will be done at the trade deadline this year, because 1) the suitor pool would grow and 2) the return would be higher if a contending team believes they really need him.  Mind you, I don't think this team/front office will get anything close to the value of Lindor (by any metric), for  a bunch of reasons, but...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home