Thursday, May 23, 2024

Downshift

Met some friends from church at Slyman's -- the new one in Independence -- for dinner.  It was...good.  I mean, the sandwiches were as large as ever (took half home), the pretzel and the potato pancakes decent.  On the other hand, I am not sure it was $25 good, not including tax, drink, and tip.  Yes, everything is expensive nowadays (thanx Joe!) but this seemed... a bit much.  At least we were able to hang out and shoot the breeze for a few hours, something which would not have been possible last week, or two weeks ago.  Work today was busy but also like the last day of school; people (a lot) are off tomorrow and everyone was in a good and peppy mood.  Not exactly odd, but different.

I am not exactly surprised the Cavs fired Bickerstaff, but it did seem... well, not exactly deserved.  They wanted Boston in the second round and got them, and that's on the front office.  I would think he overachieved.  More to the point (and not that I am an NBA fan), who out there is better than Bickerstaff?  I guess that is the question people are asking, and if you cannot find an answer... 

I rather like the move to break up Ticketmaster, but the argument the GOP should be making is that why wasn't it done sooner?  Have they not been selling tickets under a monopoly for the past few years?  Of course they have.  Election year politics are fine, but... to be sure, this is on the GOP, as they could have raised this issue, passed legislation, held hearings, at any time.  Alas.

One downside of dinner was that we spent a lot of time talking and bsing and thus I got home late and didn't do some of the things I wanted to do.  Not exactly fatal, but not exactly wise.  Tomorrow and the weekend...well, let's just say that if I can remove half of the bookmarks and complete two projects, it will be a happy and blessed weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home