Monday, June 10, 2024

Exercises

 I slept most poorly last night, and I even had -- and remembered -- unsettling dreams, which I seldom do.  I am not exactly sure why this happened, but it was quite odd.  I felt it today, as I was dragging a bit.  On the other hand, we have started a fitness initiative at work -- prizes for the department with the best (weighted) performance -- so I am doing my part.  Frequent walks on my hourly coffee break, extra time on the exercise bike today (which did not burn as many calories as I thought it would), and extra walking around the house.  For instance, during the commercial breaks for  J!, I would walk around, rather than lie about and do word seeks.  I was able to surpass my 10,000 goals this way, and intend to keep it up; I think it is certainly better health-wise to do so.  Other gimmicks, such as walking while praying and walking while reading, are also on the schedule; again, not that I am getting thousands of steps, but a few here and a few there...

I watched another film from the National Film Registry tonight -- "Alambrista," about a Mexican man who crosses the border (illegally) to seek work and better support his family.  It was interesting, sort of good, and Matt being Matt, my main thought was that if we haven't solved these issues in the 45 years or so since the movie was made... oi.  Anyways, we are now up to 834 on that list.  Couple of recent additions on it are practically impossible to find in public, and to me that IS a problem; I get that films can be culturally significant for a bunch of reasons, but if we cannot see them... does not seem very wise to me.  Not that I have any selfish reasons, of course!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home