Sunday, June 02, 2024

Corpus Christi

So, Birmingham Southern lost today... my fault, I suspect, as I tuned in when it was 10-5 then and Wisconsin-Whitewater scored the next 6, including a walk-off HR in the 9th.  Alas.  No storybook ending, but there rarely is... my brother-in-law is thinking of going to a game; I would but they are the middle of the day, which is a problem for the laboring classes. Such is the life of D-3 baseball, I guess!

Corpus Christi was today, and... well, it was inside, as the rain made it impossible for the procession to take place outside.  It was nice, of course, but not quite as nice; for instance, instead of the four altars, we just had ceremonies at the side altars, and then one at the main one, and of course instead of the handmade ones, we just had the ones we already had.  The children didn't dress, but did scatter flower petals around the church (I was put on the team to sweep them up), and the crowd was slightly down... several people do come from afar, so I have heard.  Several people also came expecting the 11:30 Mass, and of course, there wasn't one; I guess it is as much of a tradition as poking out my eye on the pussy willows after Easter.  Alas.  

Funny; after the 8:30 Mass I went to the Chimney for breakfast, which was good, but a bit greasy, and my stomach was rumbling... and after, I went to the PACC for their coffee and pastry reception.  Let's just say that the coffee sent the rumbles into an eruption, and it has been like that all day.  Alas.  God was punishing me, I think, for some snarky comments -- such as noting that we did not need a map to process around the interior of the church today, followed by comment about the funeral of a former parishioner --  namely, that it was the first time I had known him to be quiet and peaceful.  All were amused by these snarkeries, of course, but such lese majeste, if not heresy, shall not go unpunished!

I have made good progress, at least, on the Guelzo book; that was nice, though I did it at the expense of say, other things.  Alas.  Tomorrow I shall do some more cleaning and organizing, and if tomorrow's workout is like today's...well, I shall somewhat more svelte.  Good things!

‘I took an oath to do no harm’: The two doctors wrestling over Fauci’s legacy (msn.com)
Interesting that the WaPo -- of all publications -- would run this.  Almost, dare I say, fair and balanced?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home