Sunday, May 26, 2024

Laziness

 Operation watch a movie saved on the bookmarks list every day took a break today as I did not... rather, I watched the war movie marathon on TCM; "The Dirty Dozen," "The Great Escape," "The Cold Blue," and now -- for a bit, "The Best Years of Our Lives."  Funny; they had the best ones today in prime time, while some of the others are at very odd hours.  Unless they are trying to showcase some different films, you would think they would air those.  Not that I am complaining... I did watch all of the J1 episodes I had archived, which was good, and maybe tomorrow I will catch up on the Masters Tournament.  

After Church and gym and J! I mainly worked on my contract job, which was fine... it was somewhat rainy and foreboding as the evening progressed, and while I think we missed the worst of the rain here, the storm warnings were omnipresent, and I heard the progress of the fronts throughout the night.  Today, though, Church was fairly beautiful, Mass was fine -- next week is Corpus Christi, I took an extra bulletin to remind me -- and I did a bunch of errands after gym.  First to get more glue traps for the food pantry (I don't care if we need them, I want them down), then off to Meijer for some deals -- sweet corn is 8 for a buck, peaches are 88 cents a pound... I loaded up on both, as it has been a long time since I had sweet corn.  Two for lunch, two for dinner... might have to buy some more before the week is out.

I have a bevy of people who need Streetcards, so now I have to figure out how to get them delivered.  I should also assemble the vacuum I bought...well, tomorrow is another day.  I should hit the gym early -- before parade traffic -- so maybe we could do a double -- and catch up on some long and personal emails to close friends that I have been... well, putting off.  Sigh.  Funny how that works.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home