Saturday, May 25, 2024

Perfection

 Good day today; slept in a bit, hit the gym, completed a bunch of minor errands -- grocery shopping, the like --, listened to my niece do a radio show about her job, and had copies made of the client surveys and the new OC policies.  I put them by the door to the garage so I will be sure to remember to take them to the OC tomorrow.  Now, I still need to get Streetcards to my conference presidents; a bunch of them will want some, which is fine and good, but I had to figure out the logistics of getting them to the East Side.  Such is District President life!

Also met my college roommate and his three eldest children -- on their way back to Michigan they stopped to see me for dinner, and we met at Bar Louie at Crocker Park.  It was really quite nice... the children were happy to see me, Tom and I had some interesting conversation, and after they left I meandered around the outdoor mall... it was a perfect day in terms of weather and temperature, and there were large crowds about.  Quite interesting, and certainly good to stretch my legs, engage in some retail therapy (a shirt for work at Nordstrom Rack), and see the sites.  Then it was home, where I caught up on some paperwork and watched "Loving Vincent," a very interesting film.  It's about the life -- and death -- of Vincent Van Gogh.  Every scene was painted in the manner of Van Gogh, using the paintings as a base to the scenes.  The film was made by a combined Polish-British team (quite cool), and it was visually impressive, at the very least.

This Isn’t Your Father’s Marijuana Use | Washington Monthly
I think this is quite correct; we really don't know the effects of the long-term shift in pot use, and it is quite interesting, in a way...  I suspect that most users will be less than habitual, and use it for good, but... we don't really know about the rest of the potheads, do we now?

An autopsy of government dysfunction: How Cuyahoga County wasted over $1M on a service that was never installed - cleveland.com
Is it me, but didn't this sort of thing happen all too often under the Budish administration?  If we were a Republican state, they would be looking into this sort of thing, but... alas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home