Friday, May 24, 2024

Starts

The Memorial Day weekend is proceeding in grand style so far.  I watched a few saved up episodes of J!, cleaned up some bookmarks, and watched one of the films I had been saving -- "Meet Me in the Bathroom," a look at the indie music scene in NYC in the early 2000s.  Interesting and a bit nostalgic; lots of good bands -- The Strokes, The Rapture, etc., that I listened to but not seriously.  Of course, I could do it now, but I guess one of my life regrets is that I never was quite avant garde in that department.  Didn't realize it was based off a book, which I should read, or add to the list, which I may get to when these guys are as old as the Rolling Stones.  Oddly, I am now a bit sad, realizing that the music I enjoyed then is... close to being a golden oldie now.  Very depressing.  At least I handled a bunch of emails and while I didn't start a book yet, I did finish off one Games magazine and started the next.  Rah.

I do not intend to set a clock tomorrow, which may allow me to sleep in, followed by a leisurely trip to the gym and then some house cleaning and contract work... though I should get up early and watch some more documentaries.  I guess I will just nod off and see when I arise...

Went to the Northeast Ohio Coalition for the Homeless on my lunch hour to get some Street Cards -- and ended up with half a box.  Not quite what I expected but good enough.  Actually, I have plenty now for the OC, my parishes in the East District, and anyone else who wants them.  I wish we could do more to get these people in homes but I also realize that a lot of these people are... well, out there for a reason.  Nor do I particularly want them in or near my home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home