Monday, May 27, 2024

Sloth of a sort

 Another good day -- mostly.  I didn't hit the gym double as planned; I slept in a bit, went this morning (did some heavy leg day!), and then I settled into the contract work and other things.  Caught up with a couple of friends via text.  Did some dusting.  Answered some emails that were sitting around.  Did the OC budget report -- no major problems, but still had to update everything and make sure all of the transactions lined up.  In some ways, there was clearly a Sunday vibe -- I remembered J! was on tonight -- but the lack of work, the languid nature of the day... it was very nice.  I should have napped today, but...there was much to do.  Hell, there is still much to do; making progress on the contract project, but this week...

One amusing thing... I went to the OC after the gym today, as I had some stuff to drop off and I wanted to be sure that I got the extra glue traps down.  I mean, I think it is a good thing that we have all the traps down, but I don't want to leave any holes in the coverage, and by blocking the doorways.  Anyways, I heard someone unlocking one of the doors, and lo and behold, one of the Thursday guys was coming to get our carts for repair; three of the four we have are broken -- heavy use, overloaded, whatever -- and he was going to weld them.  I was impressed and amused, especially when I helped put them in the van.  It will save us from buying new ones, not that we are cash-hurting, but...

One of my former coworkers and I were texting today, and we were amused in that we couldn't decide -- one way or another -- how the Presidential race was going to go.  We identified a dozen scenarios for votes and states and whatnot; it was interesting in that in each case you could go and find polls/data/scenarios where yes, Trump or Biden could claim "X" while also losing "Y."  It seemed that distrust of the polls seemed to be the only constant...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home