Saturday, June 01, 2024

Poker Face

 Family fest last night -- I was making the jello for it last night, which everyone loved (of course).  It was nice to see everyone -- one of my cousins is getting divorced, and all are happy about that, and of course just sitting around, playing poker, and bsing is always good.  I tend to feed my cousin's dog, and hence, of course, it is my best friend, to the bemusement of most of the people there -- mommy, of course, is somewhat put off by this.  I guess, having never had dogs in the first place in the first place... well, let's just say that I will not be having one in the future, either.

Funny; no OC duty today, so I slept in a bit, caught up on some paperwork, paid the mortgage, hit the gym, and decided to treat myself with lunch at Wendy's... it was good, but it seemed they were quite discombobulated by the crowd inside and out -- I didn't get the frosty I ordered, and all noted that food was sitting... on the other hand, they were incredibly polite about it, and I had nothing else to do... well, it was nice just to sit, drink "free" pop, and catch up on some reading.

Dare I say the Birmingham Southern story is pretty awesome... and I had no idea the games are being played at Lake County!  I should make a pilgrimage out there, as even though I have abandoned my fandom, there is something to be said for this.  I mean, on the one hand, we have too many colleges as it is, but... this does seem somewhat sad.  A team with no school to go home to... well, I guess maybe I am not as hard-hearted as I thought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home