Tuesday, June 04, 2024

Rooting About

I had a root canal today; the result of benign neglect.  Anyways, it was bright and early when I arrived, and... it went very well.  Not much pain -- all done with discomfort by 1 -- and the procedure barely took an hour.  I asked, and the MD -- not that he wanted to humblebrag -- pointed out that the improvements in technology and refinements in technique made this a much less intensive and painful process.  Anyways, there is a temporary filling there, so next week we will have to go and get the temporary cap for the (semi) permanent crown.  Alas.  The other tooth pain, he suggested, could be cured by using Sensodyne or similar stuff on the tooth.  I guess that is good, though... alas, I should take better care, but...

The Hunter Biden trial and the Fauci hearings today... a banner day for virtue-signaling, but I am not sure that they will exactly achieve anything else, though that may be the point.  I think the former is more advantageous than the latter, given that everyone's opinions on these things seems to have been settled.  The former though, is rather embarrassing, as you can imagine, though I also expect that most opinions have been settled here as well.

The rightwing plan to take over ‘sanctuary’ cities – and rebuild them Maga-style | Donald Trump | The Guardian
This is quite droll, honestly.  Why should he not do this?  I mean, elections have consequences, as we know, and if that happens... well, alas for them?  More seriously, I get a kick out of this, as if Trump wins -- which I view as a very doubtful proposition in many ways -- why shouldn't he engage in some "reforms" especially as they would be popular politically with his base?  
 
I have about 100 more pages of the Guelzo book, and while in some ways it is old territory, it is good to hear how he interprets the battle -- the languid nature of Lee and his staff, what Reynolds was thinking engaging the ANV with only part of his army, the reflections of the townspeople -- it is quite interesting, and he writes exceedingly well (of course).  I have several more large volumes after this one, so I should get cracking on my literary activities...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home