Sunday, July 07, 2024

Progress of a Sort

My tentative plan to do some house-cleaning was foiled by life; first, my sister joined me for Mass today, which was fine, but then we went out to breakfast and caught up on life while bsing... which took time.  Then it was off to the OC to drop off the crap from the closet and take a load of canned goods from church (they pile up so I bring a cloth bag).  I also sprayed for critters -- I crushed only one but we are NOT taking any chances!  Also took time.  Then it was off to a quick gym trip and then home briefly to change... as I was meeting some college friends at a Lebanese festival in Parma.  One ran late so we had more time to catch up -- life is good and we were amused by the minor health issues we have and our lives in various middle-management charitable roles.  The food was fine; I think I will never be a fan, but it was good enough, though the ratio of rice to lamb was a bit excessive (this is a continuation of a theme, I guess).

Then home to do some contract work, reading, a spot of paperwork, and the usual Sunday things... I also -- both today and yesterday -- watching an archived episode of the J! Masters Tournament (four games total). I have to hustle to hit 40 -- the Holmes category in one of the games was a lifesaver -- and I know the questions are harder, but it seems too often that I cannot as quickly recover the answers.  Maybe I need to take Prevagen or something... I do not like this less than pristine total recall, but I do not think that it is going away...

‘Every Democrat Needs to Do Soul-Searching’: Biden’s House Allies Are Stressed About His Future - NOTUS (Allbritton Journalism Institute)
Democrats have souls?  Who knew?  Hell, some of them will deny their existence!

‘We’ve all enabled the situation’: Dems turn on Biden’s inner sanctum post debate - POLITICO
I rather like that this circular firing squad in continuing, but I do wonder if and when it will end.  I mean, I think if he wants to stay -- and his small inner circle -- thinks he can win, he will do so, no matter what the polls say.  The slow drip of Dems against his continuing is still that, though the rumblings are... under the current, if you will.  That said, shouldn't Trump be hiring -- or sitting down for an AMA interview -- the radio host in Philly who was fired for spilling the beans on the pre-submitted questions?  I would think that this would be a minor PR coup...

 The Broker Who Saved America - The Reformed Broker
I know who this person is, and I remembered him, but I bet many do not, so... I am doing my fair share!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home