Monday, June 24, 2024

Closing Out

Didn't blog yesterday -- we had a family poker fest (hence the reason for the jello making) to celebrate my cousin's divorce/visit from Florida/reason to hangout.  This was fine, but the second game ran a bit late, and by the time I came home and caught up on a couple of things...well, off to bed.  Didn't sleep long or well last night, and my stomach was in knots today.  Not sure why...ok, work is going to be a bit long and stressful this week but that is not new (and it will be like that for many, though I was warned NOT to work on the weekends, a nice touch).  Anyways, tonight my blood sugar dropped, and it has been low all nite, which I also guess is stress related.  Oi.  Here I am, tired but not quite.

I got a kick out of the brouhaha on CNN, with the Trump spox calling them out for being biased; it would have been far better for her to have shown the CNN reporter with the screenshot of her looking raptuously at Biden; hell, she could have blown the guy by the look on her face.  Good but not good enough.  More seriously, if every Republican -- and not just real GOPers, if you will -- just stopping booking on CNN... this might solve itself.  Quite frankly, I would tell them I go where the viewers are, and that is FNC, and if you don't like it... But no one ever does that anymore, and that is...ok?  Sort of; I mean, there is an echo chamber on the GOP side as it is, but the argument is that we encourage by going there on their terms.  

Free meals for all Parma students shows double-edged sword. Here’s why. (msn.com)
This could me, but wouldn't this make it harder for Parma to pass levies as it is?  If people think that the kids get too much free (i.e., taxpayer-supported) stuff as it is... they won't vote for them, and considering how much trouble they have in the first place...  I am sure they are thinking "Free" money for breakfast and lunch, but... 

The Stanley Cup Final was... pretty cool.  It usually is, though, but there is something exciting about a close game 7 -- empty net, scrambling for the puck, seconds ticking away.  Never been a huge hockey fan -- I couldn't really see the puck then, much less now -- but it is exciting enough, and I should probably watch more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home