Friday, June 14, 2024

Festing

Tonight I went to a birthday party for a friend -- very masculine (a real sausage fest, even if most of the crew are married with children) and almost retro, but quite fun.  Until, of course, the end; my friend is a bourbon enthusiast and the hooch flowed like water.  Anyways, when it was time to depart, I had in the back of my truck three drunk people, the grill and spit (it was a pig roast), and the pig's head, which one of the boys decided to take home.  Not sure if it was for head cheese, to amuse the kids, or to piss off the in-laws, but... well, it was a most interesting ride home.  Maybe I was more than glad to leave everyone in the bed and just roll up the windows and cruise home...

The 'Appeal to Heaven' Flag Is All Over Capitol Hill - NOTUS (Allbritton Journalism Institute)
I would fly one of these myself, but as I have no wife to blame (a la Alito), there is somewhat less amusement, and also to the fact that if it is good enough for San Francisco, it is NOT good enough for me.  On the other hand, I rather agree with the GOP types who fly them; even if it has been co-opted by MAGA types, there is no reason for anyone else to cede its historical origins.

Five days of the steps challenge for work, and I am averaging a little over 12,000, which is quite good; I mean, I was 6th on the company list so far, and the prospect of an active weekend, may boost that even farther -- or at least prevent me from falling out of the top ten.  Funny; I have some OC paperwork to handle, but the prospect of sitting and not doing anything has made me leery of undertaking them, at least until the fitness challenge has passed.  This is sort of cheating, albeit in a benevolent sense.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home