Thursday, June 13, 2024

Media Follies

 'There's no pride' for LGBTQ community in Maple Heights, ex-council member says | Watch (msn.com)
Hahahahaha!  This amuses the hell out of me, mainly because no one seems to be saying the obvious thing -- the largely African-American voters of this largely Democratic city do NOT want to be on record saying they support LGBT rights, and of course no one in the local press seems to want to do some investigation...or, as I like to say, call them out for this.  Certainly the local Democratic party would want to sanction these moral reprobates, right?  I realize there are few GOPers around here, but you would think they would be assailing the local Dems -- and the media -- for not doing anything about this.

Fetterman had speeding tickets, distracted driving episodes before crash - The Washington Post
This is the sort of thing that Republicans should indeed be "pouncing" on; hell, every GOPer should be on the talk shows, the CNNs of the world, the left-wing pundits, and asking them WHY they didn't cover this story DURING the election?  The reason, of course, is that they were covering for him, as they are now, by not calling him out for this callous response, his history of driving issues.  Again, if GOPers had any sense, they would be on the offensive over this; no one seems to want to put the press on the defensive, and we must.  Someone like Vance or Cotton -- Ron Johnson -- would be ideal for this.  I realize they are colleagues, but there are times when this must go out the window.  

Birthday dinner with my sister today, and I chose Jibaro Latin in Parna for Mofongo.  I was there when it was a Mexican place and it was ok; with a more Puerto Rican theme, it was... much better.  Mofongo was quite good -- not too dry, and the accompanying pork was quite decent.  My sister had one of their loaded baked potatoes, and it was quite impressive -- large portions, almost enough for lunch the next day!  We email and chat often, but it good to get in touch in person and catch up.  Of course, she was only slightly snarky with my comments, and when I gifted her a box of Crumbl cookies -- a diabetic should eat just one box, I strongly suspect -- she was most pleased... as my brother-in-law will be as well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home