Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Drilling

The day did not exactly start out with a raging success; I had my dental appointment today to get the temporary crown put on, and for an event that started at 8, I wasn't home til after 11.  This, as you can imagine, did not make happy.  The dentist discovered some extra decay on the tooth, which had to be drilled out, and that meant he had to pack the filling more, and got the gum inflamed (he had to play with it to make sure all of the decay was gone), and yadda, yadda.   Oi.  Nor did they exactly get me out the door in a hurry... to be sure, this was the dentist I didn't exactly have a lot of confidence in in the first place, so... this is my fault.  Anyways, it was done, and while I have to go back in two weeks for the semi-permanent crown... well, we will decide what to do next.

Anyways, when I got home and talked to my boss -- a slight project shift, and he was worried that I had been captured, press ganged, or something -- and then it was off to work (at home), which was quite busy, as I had much to plug away... anyways, I worked a bit late and then watched an interesting film:  "The King's Choice," which dealt with the actions of King Haakon in the early days of the German invasion.  It was a war film, but not quite one, but still very interesting; namely, how no one in the government -- save for him -- seemed to grasp the gravity of the situation.  To be sure, it was a dire situation, and I could see how many of the officials in the civilian government would be grasping at straws to get out of it...

Then it was J! -- easy Final, poor question mix for me -- and then to the gym, where I had a solid workout and an extended trip on the bike.  I was able to put 2,000 more steps in -- good, given my corpulence and the company exercise fest.  I daresay that if I do hit the exercise goal every day for the next two weeks -- and not eat crap, which is less likely --  I might actually drop a few pounds.  One thing I need to drop is some emails, as some food pantry and other stuff has been piling up long enough...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home