Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Progress

 15,000 steps today, the result of hourly paces at work, a solid workout and bike ride, and plenty of walking at evening prayer and after.  This is quite good, though I do not think that this rate is sustainable.  I only hope that my coworkers -- or some of them -- are doing as much extra as I am.  I would say that I peeling off pounds, but as my dinner consisted of a peach CFA shake -- and a later Crumble cookie -- I do not think I can exactly claim that.  Both were quite good -- I have not had the pleasure of their cookies, and they were indeed sumptuous.  I got them as part of a fundraiser, so I am not sure as to the retail price... though it must be impressive, even now.

More -- albeit slight -- reorganization at work; this is not bad, I hope.  I have a new series of projects, which is good, and there will be plenty more, I believe.  The main idea is that there will be more integration between departments to get more ideas flowing...   Heck, we came up with a bunch of them at today's introductory meeting, which of course encouraged more collaboration and such.  Another thing; I have two screens at work now, and... I am getting used to it.  Certain work it does do quite well, such as cycling through spreadsheets, and I can monitor emails while doing that.  Not sure that I will fully master it, but...

High Housing Costs Are Consuming Household Incomes | Joint Center for Housing Studies (harvard.edu)
This is something that I am glad they are mentioning, though I am not sure how much -- and how quickly -- succor can be gained.  Need much more housing of course, and that cannot be built more quickly enough.  Similarly, while more apartments have been constructed, not enough are being built in the urban cores (though I do not blame builders for not going there).  Indeed, not enough are being built at all; one wonders why they don't link, say, welfare benefits to construction employment, which would at least alleviate (to some degree) the lack of skilled workers.

From Fire Hazards to Family Trees: The Sanborn Fire Insurance Maps — The Public Domain Review
Fascinating stuff!  Had no idea this was a thing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home