Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Accomplishment

 I would like to think that the day was productive despite the fact that I was "off."  I put in some time on my contract project -- cleaning, organizing, adding content.  Watched some College World Series (Favorite Niece is there) and while I didn't see her on TV, it was... ok to watch college baseball?  I mean, my fandom really has evaporated, as I had but minimal interest in the game.  Maybe the Willie Mays biopic between game one and game two of today's tripleheader was the most interesting part?  I think it is true that people do tend to forget/ignore his greatness; that which we do not see...

A milestone was reached, as I finally met the last parish in the Cuyahoga East SVDP District.  It was GESU, up in University Heights, and it was sort of hard to find... I don't think I have been out that way in decades, and I made a bum steer while trying to guess which branch of a five-way intersection to go.  (I was either in Shaker or University Heights at the time, and I was not surprised.)   Anyways, the meeting went fairly well!  I gave my spiel, answered their questions, went over some potential issues, and exchanged contact info.  This is a wealthier parish -- active in a number of ministries -- but they seem nice and good at caring and interacting.  So I was pleased.  And, my white whale has been caught, so I can do the other 300 things I need to do with the order!

Made all my step goals again today, and hit the gym twice -- early and late.  It felt sort of good, even if I can feel my legs tightening as we speak.

I think a skunk blew his musk outside my bedroom window; I like to have them open, even now with the heat, as I like the fresh air, but tonight... oi.  The scent is wafting through the whole house, and I know it is summer, but...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home