Monday, June 17, 2024

Transformations

 A two day hiatus from blogging?  Unacceptable!  I had a busy Friday and Saturday, which ended up with me being in something of a funk Sunday and collapsing for a bit; this was followed by hanging out with/helping a friend move back here (to Clark-Fulton).  It is good to see Eli back in town, but I prefer not to haul stuff on a Sunday night.  Alas.

So a few weeks ago I bought a new vacuum.  Sunday I finally put it together and used it.  Wow.  The carpet simply looks beautiful; all of crap that has been accumulating for weeks is gone.  I think the thing was half full of dust -- indicative of my sloth -- but it is just immaculate now.  I should do it again and again over the next few days, just to really remove the accumulation of crud.  Adulting is hard, as we say, but this time it really paid off!

Funny; my busy week has become less busy.  We were supposed to PQ tonight but with only two of us -- and we had stuff to do -- we decided to cancel, saving me a trip to the East Side.  Tomorrow I was supposed to hang with a friend, but he is too tired and is calling off.  I do not want to say that I am saddened by this -- I am, but I can use the time more profitably (and reschedule).  Wednesday I am off for Juneteenth -- was NOT aware of this -- and I am hoping I can use that time to take care of things (while being productive and hitting a meeting).  Of course, I had planned to do more tonight, but my emails were a bit more detailed than I expected... so the inbox will remain slightly full for another day.  Alas.

I made a list of stuff to buy and upgrade, and I could add more, but I also realized I need to other things, like go through a couple more closets, look at ALL of my shoes, look at my drawers and cabinets again, and really purge items to see what I need.  For instance, I thought about making some lime water (I got some yesterday) but I don't have a pitcher for it.  Oi!  I guess I could use the Brita in the back of the cupboard, but I felt quite dumb NOT having a water pitcher!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home