Saturday, June 22, 2024

Actives

 Busy day, at least early -- food pantry today, and while our count was about average, it seemed more; I think the heat just affected everyone.  We all were moving a bit slower, in some ways, and we had new volunteers who were very good, but -- as we said -- it took a while to get used to such efficiency.  We had a lot of produce we needed to move (food rescue Friday) and we really got rid of it -- between the crowd and the general push to get it, I think 80% is gone.  We didn't rotate too much stuff, for the obvious reason that we didn't want people dying while sorting it, but overall... it was a good day.  We are still in anti-insect protocol -- sprayed hard today and I will do so tomorrow but it seemed that all we had were the fruit flies, which are endemic now.

Then it was off to gym, errands, and finally lunch at Wayback Burgers where I got a free shake as part of their promotion.  It was good, in that Five Guys sense, though I am not sure it was worth $15 for it (shake or not).  Of course, everything is expensive nowadays.  I guess I was ravenous after the busy day and would have eaten anything.  Then it was home to do some work, catch up on emails, that sort of thing.  Also emailed all my SVDP parishes for a monthly follow-up, which was.. well, it was about time.

Black Keys, Porter Robinson, Jennifer Lopez, & Poor Ticket Sales For Arena Tours (stereogum.com)
I think this is exactly right!  Price matters, as does the venue, and the fact that people have gotten their concert fix and have to be more judicious in their spending... all of these things are totally plausible and highly indicative of why many bands, I think, are recalculating their touring places or cutting shows altogether.  Could be me but we need more of this to ever beat inflation...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home