Thursday, June 20, 2024

Quite The Day

Quite the day today; a new project, which was then delayed by the fact that I need to complete some Excel training.  I am not saying this is bad -- I can refresh/learn new things, but I have plenty of other work to do.  Also, I had a few long meetings this morning, which were fine -- informative, useful -- but again, that took time from other things.  Oi.

In the meantime, I got a couple of messages from our operations manager at the food pantry; one of the freezers defrosted and -- the message was garbled -- either we had/needed as a precaution the exterminator come to handle the bugs and the floor was damaged.  Oi.  The flurry of follow-up messages were not exactly helpful, so after watching a youth baseball game... I trucked over to the OC.  I am not sure what I expected -- 100 ant farms unleashed, a collapsed floor -- but... well, it was about the same.  I smashed three ants (about what we normally find), moved some tables around the slight bump in the floor, and noted that it didn't seem too different.  Heck, there was produce out in the main room...I think they could have shoved more in the fridges if they were truly concerned.  As always, I let the people who ARE in charge know about this.  I do hope the exterminator and carpenter shows up tomorrow, just to be safe, but... I guess I should be glad there was not catastrophe, but...

I also guess I would prefer a little less drama and stuff to do in my life the next couple of weeks.  I realize this is life, but I would like time to read, watch movies, catch up on paperwork, etc.  Nothing is on the schedule for next week -- yay -- but that is seldom set in stone.  Heck, I need to complete the follow-ups from yesterday's meeting!  At least I took some time tonight to watch the saved episodes of J!  The champ lost, I missed a few by not paying attention and reading, and completely forgot about Joyce regarding Final J!  Maybe I should read his books but I would rather now.  :)

RV Maintenance Isn’t for the Faint of Heart. What to Know Before Hitting the Road. - WSJ
I wasn't halfway through this before I realized that I do not ever want to own an RV....even if I could afford it.

Immigration fears are pushing centrists to the right in the US and Europe - POLITICO
Is this really surprising?  I believe that people are in the whole supportive of immigration, but not too much, not all at once, and, of course, immigrants have to assimilate.  I don't think they are, or at least not enough of them -- and not well enough.  Let us not discuss the social justice issue of all these Americans who do NOT have jobs and could fill some of the roles for which we currently use immigrants...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home