Wednesday, July 03, 2024

Transitions

Today was slightly better; did some minor projects early, moved some stuff around -- some work product of mine should be shared, I decided -- updated some files, and then in the afternoon I got some new and updated (albeit shifted) project guidance.  This was good (mostly); in some ways it is odd how stuff can shift; not something that was done in the TFG world, and I would be handling two large projects at once. But tomorrow I am off -- hope to rest and keep checking up on stuff -- and then Friday we start anew.  It was also good to watch J! again -- missed the last two days (didn't think I would need to Tivo and will not make that mistake again).

Inside the GOP Effort to Make Sure Biden Is the Democratic Nominee - NOTUS (Allbritton Journalism Institute)
Ummm....yeah?  I mean, whether or not you think Harris is a better candidate than Biden (not sure but possibly; at the very least, everyone might rally around her flag), the best scenario -- especially if he has more gaffes or looks foolish -- is to keep him around.  At the very least, getting him off the ballot should be a time-consuming and annoying affair.  I think some campaigns are won on the margins, and paying lawyers to adjudicate these petty disputes are dollars not spent on advertising in close states.

I saw Antonio's in Parmatown closed, which is... sad.  They were always hiring, but had been there forever, it appears; I remember eating there when I was a kid, and I am glad my sister and I went last year, as it was pretty good.  Of course, the restaurant industry -- especially a mid-to-upper-range place like Antonio's -- will be especially hard-pressed in the current climate, so I cannot fault them for closing shop, but it is still sad.  Equally of course... if people like me went there more often, they might still be open.

Can the Museum Survive? | The New Republic
Interesting; I hadn't exactly thought of the rivers of blood that many of the artworks that were expropriated (if you will) were drenched in; certainly slavery and war was/is endemic to Africa, even now.  Those claims, of course, are disregarded, as are the ideas that the artworks are safer in their current homes.  I wish for once someone would tell these people to pound salt, but...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home