Monday, July 01, 2024

Links

 Today was a long and meh day, for a bunch of reasons, so...at least I finished my steak -- quite good, and I will properly thaw one next time -- and did some shopping at Meijer, where watermelon is $2.99 each, and corn is 8 for a buck.  Plenty of compost, at the very least, and some cheap eats!  If I ever have time, I will be able to enjoy them.  Anyways, let's look at some links...

Young Men Are Swinging Hard Right in Korea. It Could Be a Preview for America. - POLITICO
I think I have often stated that if one political party is going to go out of its way to attract females, then in turn most males will -- over time -- drift to the other political party, simply because it represents their needs and beliefs.  The fact that it is happening in South Korea means that it can happen here.  One thing I find fascinating is that all of the debate is about how men have to change.  Don't women have an equal part here?  Indeed, as a feminist, I am appalled that women are not being held to an equal standard...

Read the Supreme Court's opinion in the Trump immunity case - POLITICO
Is this me, or did Roberts do one of his masterful dodges again?  Namely, the President has some immunity, but only in some cases and not in others.  Plus, the case was referred back to the trial judge, which, to me, was the dodge; I see nothing that says the trial judge cannot say that all of Trump's actions are not privileged, and let the trials begin.  Yes, it would be more appeals, but... the case would be largely intact.

Francis Turner on Substack: "This would be genius. I hope someone in the Trump camp reads it and acts on it. It just needs to be made at the right time, which isn't now but it closer to the second debate, as in after the Dem convention where they may or may not select Biden as candidate"
This is indeed hilarious, and for all of the Dems who do not want to see another debate...brilliant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home