Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Anticipation

Was it me, or was the Gorsuch announcement...well, something.  Trump made a good speech (for him), short, disciplined, some trolling of liberals, the paean to Scalia...to say nothing of a solid pick.  I was watching this, and I was like...why can't we have this EVERY day?  Oi.  I think he gets confirmed, but barely...I am not sure the Dems want to risk the filibuster here, and, well, neither should we.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-01-31/the-left-underestimates-trump-s-economic-plan

I think this is largely correct; I mean, no Republican is going to complain if you sock the blue enclaves on the coast, and if people in the Trump-leaning states benefit...well, so be it.  Much like the refugee ban, which seems to have the support of the majority of Americans...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-01-31/outraged-mexicans-to-trump-tear-up-nafta-we-re-sick-of-it-too

This could be me, but if Trump is so dumb and undisciplined, yet if he manages to get the Mexicans into repealing NAFTA for us...

I was a little amused by mlb.com, looking for the 2017 version of the Tribe, a "surprise" team...I don't know, maybe we were surprised, given that the Tigers had won it the last few years, but I do seem to recall plenty of people thinking we had the pitching to do it..;I think the surprise was that we won with the black hole of catching and without Brantley; Naquin and Davis managed to fill in (especially after Byrd went away) and then Ramirez became Mr. Double...not sure anyone really predicted, or expected, any of that...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home