Monday, January 23, 2017

outlets

I am better today, but in a matter of degrees; I worked from home, which prolly helped, as did the quart of cough suppressant I took.  I think things are breaking up, given the level of...expulsions from every orifice... that I endured today.  I am going in tomorrow, hell or high water.  The chills are largely gone.  Last nite was spotty in sleep; let's hope I get seven or eight solid.

Watched Duke lose, ugh.  Impressive...I mean, the mental farts on offense -- those two long and quick jumpers toward the end, Jesus, what the hell were they thinking.  Oi.  Could be a long year; course, better to lose now than later.

Finished the Horwitz book today; sad, in that one of his chapters -- about Columbus in the Dominican Republic -- has several comments about the general absence of road rules there...which was doubly sad after the deaths of Ventura and Andy Marte (not that I didn't have some lesser joy over the hole in the KC rotation).  Andy Marte hit a HR off Mark Beurhle...must have been 2006, I think...I mean, he just timed it perfectly and hit it the country mile.  I thought he would was going to be a star, but...alas.

In the meantime, I moved to clear the backlog of magazines on the pile, and will start a new book tomorrow.  Skipped the gym (also spurring my revival, I hope) today but will try for tomorrow; definitely got plenty of steps in otherwise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home