Tuesday, February 07, 2017

Holding pattern

It's been interesting, body-wise for me...not much sleep, I can feel the body dragging, but the workouts have been pretty solid at the gym.  My cold is in a holding pattern, but the worst seems to have passed.  Sleep quality poor, not helping.  Lots of crap food at work, which I eat due to the snackless home, but...you get the picture.

Up to 530 on the film list; watched some shorts and "Poor Little Rich Girl," Mary Pickford's big role...a little preachy, but it was 1914...  not quite my tea, but not uninteresting.

I have to admit, the Boone Logan signing is pretty solid; good LOOGY, can be used against weak righties, not too expensive, and it does fill the only bullpen hole out there.  I think the OF is still a little weak, Brantley or not, but, well, they will just have to live with it.

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/2/6/14522424/trump-obamacare-executive-order

This could be me, but...yes, they should.  Rah,

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-02-06/obamacare-abortion-and-the-ease-of-extremism

I agree with this, which is why -- like many conservatives -- I feel that the Court really shouldn't be in the business of broad philosophical cases, if you will, especially when a political and legislative solution would be a hell of a lot more practical.    Yes, not everyone would like the decisions, but everyone would have a say in them, and that is a hell of a lot more...satisfying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home